HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2017
President........................... Noble Howard Craddock MM
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Dennis Koranda PP
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES : DEC 2017
UPCOMING SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS
SHRINE CLUB (HSC) EVENTS FOR DECEMBER 2017 – Please print, and be sure to mark
the dates on your calendars so you don’t miss out!!
1. Friday, DECEMBER 1 - Ashley Devany & Darren Young Wedding in St. Augustine, FL. Best wishes to this very sweet couple. May God bless their marriage and life together.
2. Saturday, DECEMBER 2 - HSC Christmas Parade in Frostproof
Meet at Shrine Club to car pool to Frostproof – will depart from Highlands Shrine Club at promptly
at 4:30 PM to go to line up at the Frostproof parade route, We do not have assigned spot in Frostproof, but line up is a “first come, next spot” one. Parade begins at 6:00 PM
3. Sunday, DECEMBER 3 - Wilkin annual Christmas Party - 2411 Van Pelt Road, Sebring at 3 p.m. -
until ? A dish to pass is requested. If you would like to participate in the Chinese gift auction, please bring one with a $10 value. Any questions, please phone 471-3582. This will be a fun evening!
4. Wednesday, DECEMBER 6 - 4-7 p.m. All you can eat Spaghetti Dinner (whole wheat or regular)
and meat sauce, garlic bread sticks, salad, dessert, coffee, iced tea $8.00 /each – Poinciana Masonic Lodge, 939 W. Main Street, Avon Park. Bring your friends and enjoy a great dinner. Take out is available.
5.Thursday, DECEMBER 7 – OES Stated Meeting – ESTARL Night - Dinner 6 p.m. & Meeting 7 p.m.
Dinner food committee: Padron, Devany and Cochran. Attendees are invited to bring a side dish
or dessert. We have a good time at our meetings and events, come join us. Our meetings usually end around 8:30-9:00 p.m.
6. Friday, DECEMBER 8 - 4 to 7 p.m. – Fish Fry Dinner at the Poinciana Lodge in Avon Park. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Friends, family members and the public is invited to this monthly event, too. You will see many of your Masonic friends and family there for dinner. Come join them!
7. Saturday, DECEMBER 9 – 9-9:30 a.m. Note new week (order upon arrival) – OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. We’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the month with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, too.
8. Saturday, DECEMBER 9 - 2-5 p.m. HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB Kid’s Christmas Party for recent, past & present patients of the Shriner’s Hospital in Tampa. This will be a “first time ever” party event for many of us at HSC, and we solicit your help in making it a success. Please come out to help with the many facets involved with the party. We’ll need kid’s gift shoppers (we will have ages, etc.,) package wrappers, candy, homemade cookies, food servers, entertainment coordinator, etc. Please contact President Howard Craddock at (954) 304-4487 to volunteer your services. THANK YOU! Please note that the Children’s Christmas Party will take the place of the adult Social for the month; everyone is encouraged to attend the Children’s Party.
9. Monday, DECEMBER 11 at 5 p.m. - Combined Board of Director’s and Business Meeting - Menu: homemade soup, sandwiches and dessert for a cost of $8.00/each. Nobles and Ladies will have their separate meetings. There is a lot of business to discuss for events going on from now until the end of the year, so please plan to attend. Your input is very important. Please phone the Club at 382-2208 with the number attending. Thank you!
10. Sunday, DECEMBER 17 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Sebring Mason’s BBQ lunch. The menu is: cole slaw, BBQ chicken, baked beans, potato salad, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. Take out orders are available. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. We are getting good turnouts for this monthly event. Please invite your family and friends.
11. Thursday, DECEMBER 21- OES Stated Meeting & CHRISTMAS PARTY - Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Everyone is asked to bring food or dessert for the evening. Many of our northern Eastern Star members are coming back to us now, so we will have a good crowd there. There is usually a gift exchange or some fun event planned. This will be discussed at our December 7th meeting. Our meetings are enjoyable and end early - come check us out!
12. Monday, DECEMBER 25 - Christmas - A very Merry Christmas, Hanukkah to everyone
13. Sunday, December 31 - New Year’s Eve - Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy new year
The Highlands Shrine Club thanks everyone who rode on the float and participated in the Christmas Parades in Avon Park and Frostproof. I think all will agree that it was so much fun! The turnout of families on the sidelines were phenomenal, and all were in the spirit of the holidays. The kids and adults were waving and everyone is saying, “Merry Christmas” -- it was great! And it was a memorable night for us all….
Just want to invite everyone to our Friday Night dart games at the Highlands Shrine Club. This lively event begins at 7 p.m., and usually ends at 8 p.m.. just in time to go to Sebring South DQ for ice cream and socializing with our dart attendees. We have a fun time, please join us!
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825