HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: email@example.com
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2018
President........................... Noble Howard Craddock PP
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Dennis Koranda PP
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES : MAR. 2018
SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB (HSC)
EVENTS FOR MARCH 2018 – Please print, and be sure to mark the dates on your
calendars so you don’t miss out!!
1. Thursday, MARCH 1 – OES Obligation/Report Night – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. No Initiation this evening; it will take place on March 15. Dinner food committee tonight: Sylvia & Verl Shaffer, and Debby & Bill Fincke. Attendees are invited to bring a side dish or dessert. We have a good time at our meetings and events, come join us!
2. Friday, MARCH 2 - 4 p.m. - OES Prepare food at the Lodge for Sunday’s Ham Dinner
3.Saturday, MARCH 3 – 9-9:15 a.m. – OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. We’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the month with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, too.
4. Sunday, MARCH 4 - OES Ham Lunch - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. - at the Sebring Masonic Lodge. Menu: delicious baked ham, sweet potato casserole, green beans, apple sauce, dessert and beverage. Cost $10/each. Please invite your friends, and church friends, too. The public is invited; takeout is available.
5. Wednesday, MARCH 7 - 4-7 p.m. Poinciana Lodge All you can eat Spaghetti Dinner (whole wheat or regular) with meat sauce, garlic bread sticks, salad, dessert, coffee, iced tea $8.00 /each. Bring your friends and enjoy a great dinner, which gets good reviews. Take out is available.
6. Friday, MARCH 9 - 4-7 p.m. Fish Fry Dinner at the Poinciana Lodge in Avon Park. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Friends, family members and the public is invited to this monthly event, too. Take out is available. This is a monthly fund raiser gets good reviews.
7. Saturday, MARCH 10 - 5:30 p.m. - HSC St. Patrick’s Dinner & Social - A fun night is planned for all attendees! Please wear green in honor of St. Patrick. Lady Jeannette is already thinking of some “shenanigans” to make this a fun evening for everyone. The menu for the evening is: salad, delicious corned beef and cabbage, carrots and potatoes, dessert, coffee & iced tea. All for $10/each person. Please phone (863) 382-2208, and leave number attending on Club’s answering machine.
8. Monday, MARCH 12 - 7 p.m. – HSC Board of Director’s Meeting at the Club. This is open to ALL Nobles. We especially want to invite our newer members to attend. Please everyone, remember that it is YOUR Club! Lots of activities to discuss now that we have another new year.
9. Thursday, MARCH 15 - OES Stated Meeting – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Four new candidates will be Initiated into the Order: Roxy Lawson, Tom and Kim Anderson, and Jason Lister. Dinner food committee: Melba Base, Sally & Michael Padron, and Linda & Bill Shelton. Attendees are invited to bring side dish or dessert. Please come out to welcome our new members. Many of our northern Eastern Star members are back visiting with us now, too, so we will have a good crowd there. Our meetings are fun - come check us out!
10. Sunday, MARCH 18 – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Sebring Mason’s BBQ lunch. The menu is: cole slaw, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. Take out orders are available. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. We are getting good turnouts for this monthly event! Please invite your family and friends. Many are bringing their friends after church.
11. Wednesday, MARCH 21 - 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Highlands Shrine Club spaghetti dinner fund raiser - Menu: salad, (Marilyn Wilkin’s recipe) spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, dessert, coffee and ice tea. Cost: $8.00 each. All Masons, Eastern Star, friends, neighbors, family members -- in other words EVERYONE is invited. Please phone the Club at 382-2208 if you need additional tickets. Please plan to attend to make this event a huge success.
12. Saturday, MARCH 24 - Outdoor Master Mason degrees sponsored by the Ft. Meade Lodge No. 160. (watch for a flyer) Questions? Secretary of Poinciana Lodge - Larry Hoffman (e-mail H31H@aol.com - (863) 368-0766) has additional details on this event.
13. Saturday, MARCH 24 - Scottish Rite, annual Feast of Kadosh, Tampa - commorating the founding of the Knights Templar. Reservations required. Secretary of Poinciana Lodge - Larry Hoffman (e-mail H31H@aol.com - (863) 368-0766) has additional details on this event.
14. Sunday, MARCH 25 – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Poinciana Masonic Lodge - Delicious all-you-can-eat breakfast - $8 /each. Menu: Sausage patty, scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits & gravy. This yummy breakfast is a real crowd pleasure - you may need a nap afterwards (optional).
15.Tuesday, MARCH 27 at 1:30 a.m. BUNCO is alive and well – and lots of fun to play at the Highlands Shrine Club. This is a lively way to spend the afternoon. The cost is $4 /each. Guys are welcome, too – and there are many of them. Friends, family members and the public is invited to attend.
Note: BUNCO at the Highlands Shrine Club was started in March 2007 by Sissel Carr; Sally Lesesne thought of the idea. Ladies Mary Hazen, and Bernice Snoll and Sissel were the “big 3 team”. In the beginning, we had only 3 tables. When we closed in December 2012, there were 178 on Sissel’s monthly calling list! Doris Tarantolo brought sandwiches, and Connie Callihan always brought a yummy cake; that was the beginning of our delicious lunches brought in by the attendees. The “big 3 team” resigned in 2012, but we are pleased that BUNCO is still alive and well at the Shrine Club! Noble Jim and Lady Theresa Keaveny have picked up the banner, and the group is still meeting monthly. THANK YOU! I just want to give a word of praise to Noble Jim Day - Club Manager “back in the day”. Each month he faithfully set out all the chairs and tables. We could not have done it without him! Rest in peace, dear Noble. We will never forget you, and you are still missed!
16. Wednesday, MARCH 28 - HSC Dinner & Business Meeting for the Nobles and Ladies: Attitude Adjustment at 5:30 p.m. – Dinner at 6:30 p.m. - Menu: meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy, vegetable, dessert, coffee and iced tea - $8 /each. Chef Nancy Keaveny will make this meal a real winner (like she always does) Phone the Club at 382-2208 for reservations before cut-off date of MARCH 26.
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
firstname.lastname@example.org HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825