HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2018
President........................... Noble Howard Craddock PP
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Dennis Koranda PP
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES : JAN 2018
SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB (HSC)
EVENTS FOR JANUARY 2018 – Please print, and be sure to mark the dates on your
calendars so you don’t miss out!!
Note: speaking of calendars - the Dollar Tree has them for $1.00 - no excuses….
1. Monday, JANUARY 1 - New Year’s Day A very Happy & Healthy New Year to all our Friends!
2. Wednesday, JANUARY 3 - 4-7 p.m. Poinciana Lodge All you can eat Spaghetti Dinner (whole wheat or regular) with meat sauce, garlic bread sticks, salad, dessert, coffee, iced tea $8.00 /each. Bring your friends and enjoy a great dinner. Take out is available.
3. Thursday, JANUARY 4 – OES Stated Meeting - Dinner 6 p.m. & Meeting 7 p.m. - Dinner food committee: Shaffer, Harbaugh, and Ushka. Attendees are invited to bring a side dish or dessert. We have a good time at our meetings and events; our meetings usually end around 8:30-9:00 p.m. Many of our Northern OES members have returned. Come join them and us!
4.Friday, JANUARY 5 - Sebring Masonic Lodge 249 Installation of Officers - Dinner 6 p.m., followed by Installation - Brother Bermon Pritt Jr. Will be Installed as Worshipful Master.
5. Saturday, JANUARY 6 - 9 a.m.+ OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. We’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the month with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, too.
6. Saturday, JANUARY 6 - noon - Poinciana Masonic Lodge activities: Lunch at the Olympic Restaurant at noon - Installation at Poinciana Lodge to follow at 1 p.m. Cake and ice cream will be served after the Installation.
7. Monday, JANUARY 8 - 7 p.m. - Highlands Shrine Club Board of Director’s Meeting - Lots of information to be discussed for the new year. Please come out to help make this year a success!
8.Thursday, JANUARY 11 - 7:30 p.m. - Poinciana Masonic Lodge Fellow Craft Degree for courtesy candidates, Tuscan Lodge No. 6 - Contact Casey Fletcher*
9. Friday, JANUARY 12 - 4 to 7 p.m. – Fish Fry Dinner at Poinciana Lodge. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Friends, family members and the public are also invited to this monthly event. You will see many of your Masonic friends and family there for dinner. Come join them!
10.Saturday, JANUARY 13 - 5:30 p.m. - Dinner & Hawaiian Luau Night Social - A fun night is planned for all attendees! Nobles wear your Hawaiian shirts and Ladies wear moo-moos (or something comparable). Many of you have been to Hawaii, please bring your Hawaiian photos from your trip. Please phone (863) 382-2208, and leave number attending on Club’s answering machine.
11. Thursday, JANUARY 18 - Sebring OES Stated Meeting - Dinner 6 p.m. & Meeting 7 p.m. - Dinner food committee: Hoffman, Carr, and Hartsfield. Attendees are invited to bring a side dish or dessert. We have a good time at our meetings and events; our meetings usually end around 8:30-9:00 p.m. Come join us!
12. Saturday, JANUARY 20 - 4 - 7 p.m. - Highlands Shrine Club spaghetti dinner fund raiser - Cost: $8.00 each. All Masonic, Eastern Star, friends, neighbors, family members are invited. Please phone the Club at 382-2208 if you need tickets. Please plan to attend to make this event a huge success. Ladies, please bring cakes; a sign-up sheet was circulated at the December business meeting.
13. Sunday, JANUARY 21 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Sebring Mason’s BBQ lunch. The menu is: cole slaw, BBQ chicken, baked beans, potato salad, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. Take out orders are available. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. We are getting good turnouts for this monthly event. Please invite your family and friends.
14. Wednesday, JANUARY 24 at 5:30 p.m. - Business Meeting for Nobles and Ladies - Menu: Hearty beef stew and grilled cheese sandwiches, and dessert for a cost of $8.00/each. Nobles and Ladies will have their separate meetings. There is a lot of business to discuss for events going on this year, so please plan to attend. Your input is very important. Please phone the Club at 382-2208 with the number attending. Thank you!
15. Thursday, JANUARY 25 - 6:30 p.m. - Beaver Lodge (MM degree) tentative - watch for follow-up e-mail. Tuscan Lodge No. 6. Contact Casey Fletcher*
Looking Ahead: March 24 - Outdoor Master Mason degree sponsored by Ft. Meade Lodge No. 160
16.Sunday, JANUARY 28 – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. – All you can eat breakfast - $8.00/each. Menu: Sausage patty, scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits & gravy – Poinciana Masonic Lodge
17. Tuesday, JANUARY 30 - 11:30 a.m. - BUNCO - don’t miss this FUN activity!
*Casey A Fletcher, Tuscan Lodge No. 6, Valley of Tampa AASR SJ - cell number (863) 496-3054 messages will be forwarded to his cell phone.
The Highlands Shrine Club thanks everyone who participated and worked at our Children’s Christmas Party. It was very successful! The lovely decorations put everyone in a festive mood, Mr. & Mrs. Santa Clause were there taking kid’s gift orders. Our members (too many to name) purchased gifts and wrapped them, the Ladies baked home made cookies; hamburgers and hot dogs were a hit. There was entertainment for the kids: decorating cookies, puzzles, hula hoops, legos, corn hole, etc. The kids had a good time! Unfortunately there were not as many kids present as we had hoped for (not our fault). It was an honor and a fun experience for our Club hosting the Christmas party for the kids; we learned a lot! President Howard Craddock said that his heart was filled with pride at our Club’s willingness to undertake this worth-while project.
Just want to invite everyone to our Friday Night dart games at the Highlands Shrine Club. This lively event begins at 7 p.m., and usually ends at 8 p.m.. just in time to go to Sebring South DQ for ice cream and socializing with our dart attendees. We have a fun time, please join us!
The Ladies’ card group on Tuesday nights at 6 p.m. is looking to increase their membership. They have a really fun time, think about joining them. Any questions, please phone Lady Mary Jean Byers at (863) 453-0594.
The above stated information is subject to change. If there are any discrepancies or changes, please let me know ASAP so that I can forward the information to our members. Thank you.
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825