HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: email@example.com
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2018
President........................... Noble Howard Craddock PP
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Dennis Koranda PP
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES : APR. 2018
SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB (HSC)
EVENTS FOR APRIL 2018 – Please print, and be sure to mark the dates on your
calendars so you don’t miss out!!
1. Wednesday, APRIL 4 - 4-7 p.m. Poinciana Lodge All you can eat Spaghetti Dinner (whole wheat or regular) with meat sauce, garlic bread sticks, salad, dessert, coffee, iced tea $8.00 /each. Bring your friends and enjoy a great dinner. Take out is available. Please note that this is the last time this event will take place until the fall.
2. Thursday, APRIL 5 - OES Easter Meeting Night – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Initiation this evening for Kim and Tom Anderson; also balloting on Joyce Cox. Dinner food committee tonight: Sissel & Allen Carr, Anna Hartsfield, and Rachel Lister. Attendees are invited to bring a side dish or dessert. We have a good time at our meetings and events, come join us!
3.Saturday, APRIL 7 – 9-9:15 a.m. – OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. We’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the month with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, too.
4. Monday, APRIL 9 - “Field Trip” to Shriner’s Hospital in Tampa, FL - Members of the VFW, AMVETS, etc. who gave donations to the Shriner’s Hospital will be given first priority seats on the a/c bus. For all others who will be going, there will be a $22 charge + a very reasonable lunch on your own. The bus will leave the Shrine Club at 8:30 a.m. SHARP! Noble Sam Wilkin is in charge of this project; additional information will be forthcoming from him very soon (I.e. how many seats are available, etc.). You will be given additional details from him soon; he is currently away with Lady Marilyn who recently had surgery. (we are pleased to report that her surgery was a success - YEAH).
5. Monday, APRIL 9 - 7 p.m. – HSC Board of Director’s Meeting at the Club. This is open to ALL Nobles. We especially want to invite our newer members to attend. Please everyone, remember that it is YOUR Club! Lots of upcoming activities to be discussed.
6. Friday, APRIL 13 - 4-7 p.m. Fish Fry Dinner at the Poinciana Lodge in Avon Park. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Friends, family members and the public is invited to this monthly event, too. Take out is available. This is a monthly fund raiser that gets good reviews. At this time, the dinner may be canceled until the fall. It all depends on the turnout this month. So if you want this event to continue, please come out and support this endeavor.
7. Saturday, APRIL 14 - 5:30 p.m. - HSC “SPRING!” Dinner & Social - A fun night is planned by our Activity Director Sally Patron for all attendees! Please wear your pastel colors - pinks, yellow, light green, and lavender, etc. As noted, the theme is Spring, and she is asking everyone to bring something using the word “SPRING” on/in or example of -- it can be advertising flyer, a magazine, book, etc. Don’t forget that the word “spring” can also be used in a variety of ways -- just check your dictionary (or on line). Let’s use our imagination on this one, and get creative for a lively evening. The menu for the evening is: salad, home-made lasagna - YUMMY! dessert, coffee & iced tea. All for $10/each person. Please phone (863) 382-2208, and leave number attending on Club’s answering machine. See you there!
8. Sunday, APRIL 15 – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Sebring Mason’s BBQ lunch. The menu is: cole slaw, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. Take out orders are available. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. We are getting good turnouts for this monthly event! Please invite your family and friends. Many are bringing their friends after church. OES members, please plan to help serve at this event -- like we did last month. Our Rainbow girls are unable to be there this time. Your help is greatly appreciated, and badly needed.
9. Thursday, April 19 - OES Stated Meeting - CANCELLED. Our Top Officers will be at Grand Chapter in St. Augustine during this time. We wish them safe travels, and have a good time.
10. Tuesday, APRIL 24 at 1:30 a.m. BUNCO is alive and well – and lots of fun to play at the Highlands Shrine Club. This is a lively way to spend the afternoon. The cost is $4 /each. Guys are welcome, too. Friends, family members and the public is invited to attend.
11. Wednesday, APRIL 25 - 5:30 p.m. HSC Dinner & Business Meeting for the Nobles and Ladies. Menu: salad, sloppy joe’s, tater tots, dessert, coffee and iced tea. Please plan to attend; Nancy Keaveny makes a delicious meal for us at a reasonable cost to you. Please plan to attend to support your Club, and members.
12. Thursday, APRIL 26 - 6:30 P.M. - Sebring Masonic Lodge Family Night - 6:30 p.m. for dinner, followed by their meeting at 7:30 p.m. The Ladies and other attendees will have an opportunity to socialize in the dining room during their meeting time. The Lodge is trying to increase growth, and has made a big effort to have many interesting events. Be there, and check them out.
13. Sunday, APRIL 29 – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Poinciana Masonic Lodge - Delicious all-you-can-eat breakfast is CANCELED UNTIL THE FALL. Thank you to all who have supported this fund raiser this term. We appreciate your attendance.
Just a note of appreciation to all who supported the Highlands Shrine Club spaghetti dinner on March 21. We had a fantastic turnout from our members and the public! Thank you to all who attended, purchased and sold tickets, thank you to the food and drink servers, and the ones who cleared off the tables. Thank you to the Ladies who brought desserts, and the ones who set them out. Thank you to Noble John Harbaugh who was our host escorting attendees to their tables; Noble Jerry Higginbotham who collected funds and took attendance. Thank you to the ones who manned the 50/50 table. We all worked hard! The Shaffer’s printed our tickets, which was a real cost saving expense. I’m sure someone has been left out to thank, please excuse me -- not intentional. Lady Marilyn Wilkin deserves a standing ovation for her delicious spaghetti sauce; everyone raves about the taste! President Howard and Lady Jeannette always work very hard too! Our Club is very fortunate and blessed to have such a dedicated couple working for us -- they want our Shrine Club to grow and prosper.
Please note that our activities for the upcoming summer months will be comprised of Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day picnics, as well as a meal or two at local restaurants. Please read your monthly newsletter and e-mails from Sissel so you don’t miss out on the dates.
Just want to thank our members who will be returning to their homes up north for the summer. We appreciate all you do for our Eastern Star and the Masonic organizations. You pitch right in with financial support for our fund raisers, take stations in the Lodges and Chapters, and just add so much to our meetings, etc. Hope you all have a good summer, stay healthy and we hope to see you in the fall. Please feel free to write to me during the summer, I’ll pass the messages on to our members.
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
E-mail Correspondent - firstname.lastname@example.org
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825