HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2017
President........................... Noble Howard Craddock MM
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Dennis Koranda PP
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES : May 2017
UPCOMING SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS
SHRINE CLUB (HSC) EVENTS FOR MAY 2017 – Please print, and be sure to mark the
dates on your calendars so you don’t miss out!!
Note: Sebring OES School of Instruction will take place on Saturday, April 29 at 2 p.m. Ladies, please wear long skirts. Thank you for your attendance.
1. Thursday, MAY 4 – Sebring OES Official Visit - Sister Sharon Strosneider AGM and Brother Billy Williams AGP will be our guests for the evening. Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. ALL attendees will be asked to bring a dish for a pot luck dinner. This will be a special night for Sebring OES. Please attend for a good Chapter showing.
2. Saturday, MAY 6 – 9-9:30 a.m. (order upon arrival) – OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. We’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the month with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, too.
3. Tuesday, May 9 - 4 p.m. Farewell Dinner for Noble Don Cains at Dimitri’s Restaurant, 2710 Kenilworth Boulevard, 385-7323 (formerly the Palm Diner). This is an opportunity for all of Don’s friends to get together at one time to wish him the very best future. Please phone Sissel Carr at 471-2425 for your reservation for a restaurant headcount to assure that we are all seated together.
4. Saturday, MAY 13 - HSC Social; Attitude Adjustment 5:30 p.m. – Dinner at 6:30 p.m. Menu: Salad, delicious pork roast, real mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetable, strawberry shortcake, and Coffee & Iced Tea. Cost: $10/each person. In honor of Mother’s Day, our Activity Director, Lady Sally Padron, suggests that we all bring a photo of our Mother for the display table. This gives us another opportunity to honor our Mothers. This will be the last Saturday night social until the fall, but we’ll be having 3 summer picnics to keep us all connected with each other till then. Please plan to attend.
Our HSC Activities Director, Lady Sally Padron. Sally is currently having a vision problem; let’s keep her in our prayers.
5. Thursday, MAY 18 - OES Stated Meeting – Honor Grand Instructor - Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Dinner food committee: Linda and Bill Shelton, Amy LaBrecque, and Jennifer Ushka. Attendees are asked to bring side dish or dessert. Many of our northern Eastern Star members are returning to their summer homes now, so we are counting on our faithful year-around members to attend to help out where needed. Our meetings are fun and end early - come check us out!
6. Sunday, MAY 21 - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Sebring Mason’s BBQ lunch. The menu is: cole slaw, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. We are getting excellent turnouts for this monthly event. Please invite your family and friends. Take out orders are available.This will be the last BBQ until the fall; come out and support our Masonic brothers again.
7. Tuesday, MAY 23 at 11:30 a.m. BUNCO is alive and well – and lots of fun to play at the Highlands Shrine Club. This is a lively way to spend the afternoon; food is brought in by volunteers. The cost is $4 /each. Guys are welcome, too – and there are many of them. Friends, family members and the public are invited to attend.
8. MEMORIAL DAY “INDOOR” PICNIC on Monday, MAY 29 – starts at noon; eat at 1 p.m. We will have a fun afternoon of eating delicious food, socializing, and celebrating the day’s event. The menu will be hot dogs and hamburgers (funds donated by the Dart group); attendees are asked to bring side dishes and/or dessert. Nobles, Ladies and guests are invited to attend. Let’s have a good turnout! Cost: $3/each attendee to cover the cost of paper goods and other picnic items. Please phone the Club at 382-2208 with the number attending, and the item you would like to bring. NOTE: YOU MUST MAKE A RESERVATION TO ASSURE THAT THERE IS ENOUGH MEAT FOR EACH ATTENDEE.
Let’s all wear our patriotic colors (red-white-blue) in honor of this special occasion. SEE YOU THERE!
Note: Just want to mention that the events hosted by the Poinciana Masonic Lodge (spaghetti dinner, fish dinner, and last-Sunday of the month breakfast) will end in APRIL, but will resume again in October. Thank you to all who attended and helped make these events a successful fund raiser for Poinciana Lodge. Also want to mention that the Lodge will not be holding meetings in July, August and September.
Just want to comment about the very successful HSC bus trip and tour of the Shriner’s Hospital in Tampa on Tuesday, April 11. Everyone had a fabulous time! The a/c Annette bus was very roomy and comfortable, and our bus driver did a good job for us. We were all amazed and proud of the work that our Hospital is doing for our children. The surgery and prosthesis equipment, etc. is the latest state-of-the-art treatment and the cutting edge of technology. The tour took over an hour, and we went into all areas of the Hospital -- we really got our exercise in walking! But it was so interesting and informative that we really did not mind. We purchased our lunch in the Hospital’s cafeteria and enjoyed a delicious, and very reasonable meal. The adjacent dining room was roomy, and we were very comfortable. A great time had by all, and gave us another opportunity to socialize together, too.
Seven members of the Sebring Eastern Star had the fun of assembling 115 Easter baskets for parties put on for children in the Avon Park area: Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, Avon Park Methodist Church; and food distribution for needy families at the Service Center. Sally Padron-chairwoman (she thought of the good idea) and Michael Padron, Janet and John Harbaugh, Sissel and Allen Carr, and Amy LaBrecque were Easter basket “assemblers”. Thank you to all of you who donated candy to fill the baskets. I’m sure we made a lot of children happy that day!
Just want to invite everyone to our Friday Night dart games at the Highlands Shrine Club. Costs only $1.00 each, and if your team wins, you get your $1.00 back! This lively event begins at 7 p.m., and usually ends at 8 p.m. ….. just in time to go to Sebring South DQ for ice cream and socializing with our dart attendees. We have a fun time, please join us!
Many of our northern members are returning to their summer homes. We do not want to let this opportunity to go by for thanking everyone who helped at our Sebring and Poinciana Masonic Lodges, and Sebring Eastern Star with our numerous fund raisers, pot lucks, taking an office where needed, and just adding to the enjoyment of our local organizations. You are appreciated! Stay well and hope to see you back with us again in the fall.
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO OUR MOTHERS, GRANDMOTHERS,
GREAT-GRANDMOTHERS, AUNTS, CAREGIVERS, ETC.
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825