HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2018
President........................... Noble Howard Craddock PP
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Dennis Koranda PP
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES : May 2018
UPCOMING SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB (HSC) EVENTS FOR MAY 2018 – Please print, and be sure to mark the dates on your calendars so you don’t miss out!!
Just to let you know that the Poinciana Masonic Lodge monthly Spaghetti Dinner and Breakfast has been rescheduled until the fall. Also the Sebring Masonic Lodge BBQ has also been rescheduled until the fall. You will be notified when these events will be up and running again. Stay tuned! The good news is that the Poinciana Masonic Lodge 2nd Friday evening fish dinner is scheduled for this month.
The Highlands Shrine Club will not be having any socials, Board of Director’s Meeting or Nobles/Ladies Business Meetings until the fall.
1. Thursday, May 3 - Sebring OES Meeting Night – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Initiation this evening for Joyce Cox. Dinner food committee tonight: Padron, Devany, and Ervin. Attendees are invited to bring a side dish or dessert. We have a good time at our meetings and events, come join us!
2. Saturday, May 5 – 9-9:15 a.m. – OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. We have good turnouts for this event, and it may be continued thru the summer (the restaurant will be closed for one month during the summer). This is a great way to begin the month to be with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, too.
3. Friday, May 11 - 4-7 p.m. Fish Fry Dinner at the Poinciana Lodge in Avon Park. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Friends, family members and the public is invited to this monthly event, too. Take out is available. This is a monthly fund raiser that gets good reviews. At this time, the dinner may be canceled until the fall. It all depends on the turnout this month. So if you want this event to continue, please come out and support this endeavor.
4. Thursday, May 17 - Sebring OES Stated Meeting - Dinner at 6 p.m. / Meeting at 7 p.m. Attendees are asked to bring a side dish or dessert. Food committee tonight: LaBrecque, Ushka, and Steely. We have a good time at our meetings and events, come join us!
5. Tuesday, May 22 at 11:30 a.m. BUNCO is alive and well – and lots of fun to play at the Highlands Shrine Club. This is a lively way to spend the afternoon. The cost is $4 /each. Guys are welcome, too. Friends, family members and the public is invited to attend.
6. Monday, May 28 - Highlands Shrine Club is sponsoring a Memorial Day “Indoor” picnic at the Clubhouse beginning at noon (eat at 1 p.m.), and we will Honor our Mothers, too. We will have a fun afternoon eating delicious food, socializing, playing games -- corn hole, BINGO, etc. to celebrate this special day’s event. The Club will provide hot dogs and hamburgers (funds given by the Dart group); $3/each to cover cost of picnic items. All attendees are asked to bring a side dish or dessert. Members, Ladies and guests are invited to attend – “the more the merrier”! Come out for an enjoyable time.
Please phone the Club at 382-2208, and leave your message on the Club’s answering machine with the number attending, and the item you would like to bring for the picnic. Let’s all wear our patriotic colors (red-white-blue) in honor of this special occasion. SEE YA THERE!
Let’s not forget to honor our Mother’s at this time, too. Since Sunday, May 13 is Mother’s Day, please bring a photo of your Mom. There will be a table to display their lovely photos. We’ve done this activity in the past, but it will be just another opportunity to honor our beloved Mothers.
Please note that the Shrine Club’s activities for the upcoming summer months will be comprised of “indoor” picnics for Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day, as well as a lunch meal or two at local restaurants. Please read your monthly newsletter and e-mails from Sissel so you don’t miss out on the locations and dates. Please phone the Club with number attending when we ask for attendance number at the restaurants.
Just want to say a BIG thank to our members who will be returning to their homes up north for the summer. We appreciate all you do for our Eastern Star and the Masonic organizations. You pitch right in with financial support for our fund raisers, take stations in the Lodges and Chapters, and just add so much to our meetings, etc. Hope you all have a good summer, stay healthy and we hope to see you back again in the fall. Please feel free to write to me during the summer, I’ll pass the messages on to our members.
Let’s pause and remember Memorial Day, an American holiday observed on the last Monday of May, honors men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
E-mail Correspondent - email@example.com
P. S. The Sebring Masons have a busy month planned. Please contact for Sebring - Harry Willett at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or information for Poinciana - Larry Hoffman at H31H@aol.com
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825