HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: email@example.com
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2018
President........................... Noble Howard Craddock PP
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Dennis Koranda PP
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES : FEB. 2018
SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB (HSC)
EVENTS FOR FEBRUARY 2018 – Please print, and be sure to mark the dates on your
calendars so you don’t miss out!!
1. Thursday, FEBRUARY 1 – OES Stated Meeting & Chapter Birthday – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Initiation of Tom and Kim Anderson (postponed because of illness). Dinner food committee: Verl & Sylvia Shaffer, and John & Janet Harbaugh. Attendees are invited to bring a side dish or dessert. We have a good time at our meetings and events, come join us.
2. Saturday, FEBRUARY 3 – 9-9:15 a.m. – OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. We’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the month with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, too.
3. Saturday, February 3 - Fellow Craft and Master Mason degrees at the Scottish Rite Tampa by Past Masters Unit. Dispensation from GM for proficient EA’s. Limited to ~10 candidates. Contact RW Carl Gilmore (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions? Secretary of Poinciana Lodge - Larry Hoffman (e-mail: H31H@aol.com - (863) 368-0766) has additional details on this event.
4.Wednesday, FEBRUARY 7 - 4-7 p.m. Poinciana Lodge All you can eat Spaghetti Dinner (whole wheat or regular) with meat sauce, garlic bread sticks, salad, dessert, coffee, iced tea $8.00 /each. Bring your friends and enjoy a great dinner, which gets good reviews. Take out is available.
5. Friday, FEBRUARY 9 - 4-7 p.m. Fish Fry Dinner at the Poinciana Lodge in Avon Park. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Friends, family members and the public is invited to this monthly event, too. Take out is available. This is a monthly fund raiser gets good reviews.
6. Saturday, FEBRUARY 10 - 5:30 p.m. - HSC Dinner & Valentine’s Night Social - A fun night is planned for all attendees! Please wear red in honor of St. Valentine. February is the love month, please bring your wedding photos to share with everyone (optional). CD music will be playing for dancing. The menu for the evening is: salad, delicious baked chicken parmesan, pasta, vegetables, dessert, coffee & iced tea. All for $10/each person. Please phone (863) 382-2208, and leave number attending on Club’s answering machine.
7. Monday, FEBRUARY 12 - 7 p.m. – HSC Board of Director’s Meeting at the Club. This is open to ALL Nobles. We especially want to invite our newer members to attend. Please everyone, remember that it is YOUR Club! Lots of activities to discuss now that we have another new year.
8. Thursday, February 15 - OES Stated Meeting (Election Night) – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Dinner food committee: Melba Base, Sally & Michael Padron, and Linda & Bill Shelton. Attendees are invited to bring side dish or dessert. Come join us for this very special Election Night evening. Four new candidates will be Initiated into the Order. Please come out to welcome our new members. Many of our northern Eastern Star members are back visiting with us now, too, so we will have a good crowd there. Our meetings are fun - come check us out!
9. Friday, February 16 - 4 p.m. Rehearsal for Installation of Sebring OES / 6 p.m. following the practice, there will be a group dinner at the Sebring Olive Garden. If you would like to attend, please phone Sister Sissel Carr at 471-2425. We always get a good turnout for this opportunity to socialize with our members.
10. Saturday, February 17 - Installation of Sebring OES Officers - 1:00 p.m. Pot Luck meal; the attendees are asked to bring the side dishes. The Installation will follow the luncheon. Please be there for this celebration. Sister Darlyne Devany will be Installed as our Worthy Matron. Let’s come out to show our support for her, Officers and the members of the Chapter.
10. Sunday, FEBRUARY 18 – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Sebring Mason’s BBQ lunch. The menu is: cole slaw, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. Take out orders are available. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. We are getting good turnouts for this monthly event! Please invite your family and friends. Many are bringing their friends after church.
11. **Saturday, FEBRUARY 24 - 11 a.m. to ? OES Purse Auction & luncheon - $7 /ea. This fun activity is such a blast; you don’t want to miss it! (more details at the bottom of this message, please read). The delicious lunch menu is a real winner (with chicken salad from the Depot Restaurant) as well as other items.
12. Sunday, FEBRUARY 25 – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Poinciana Masonic Lodge - Delicious all-you-can-eat breakfast - $8 /each. Menu: Sausage patty, scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits & gravy. This yummy breakfast is a real crowd pleasure - you may need a nap afterwards (optional).
13. Tuesday, FEBRUARY 27 at 11:30 a.m. BUNCO is alive and well – and lots of fun to play at the Highlands Shrine Club. This is a lively way to spend the afternoon; food is brought in by volunteers. The cost is $4 /each. Guys are welcome, too – and there are many of them. Friends, family members and the public is invited to attend.
14. Wednesday, FEBRUARY 28 - HSC Dinner & Business Meeting for the Nobles and Ladies Attitude Adjustment at 5:30 p.m. – Dinner at 6:30 p.m. - Menu: dessert, ham and scalloped potatoes, dessert, coffee and iced tea - $8 /each. Chef Nancy Keaveny will make this meal a real winner (like she always does) Phone the Club at 382-2208 for reservations before cut-off date of FEBRUARY 26.
**Saturday, February 24 - 11 a.m. Purse Auction - The objective is to bring a purse (lightly used) is OK, filled with items that you would like to receive. Wrap the purse in wrapping paper to make it look pretty. The auction will then begin, bidding wars add to the excitement! Brother Larry Hoffman WP is our auctioneer, and he does a good job. Vanna White AKA as Sister Paula Hoffman WM displays the items to peak our excitement. This is a good time to invite and bring your friends (open to men also), and tell them to bring along “mad money” and prepare to have a good time. (if you have any questions about the purse auction, please contact Sister Paula Hoffman at (863) 368-0766.
Before the excitement of the auction begins, there will be a delicious lunch served for only $7.00. On the plate will be a scoop of chicken salad, cantaloupe slices and other delicious items; as well as coffee and iced tea, and of course - dessert. Sister Darlyne is sending out the plea to help set up the food for lunch, please be there at 9 a.m. Our Chapter always comes thru with help, but more hands make the project seem smaller.
Please mark your calendars for March for the following event:
Sunday, March 4 - 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lunch fundraiser - possibly lasagna (TBA)
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
email@example.com HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825