HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2016
President........................... Noble Don Cain MM
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Howard Craddock MM
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES : Jan 2017
UPCOMING SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB (HSC) EVENTS FOR JANUARY 2017 – Please print, and be sure to mark the dates on your calendars so you don’t miss out!!
1. Wednesday, JANUARY 4 - 4-7 p.m. Spaghetti Dinner $8.00 /each – Poinciana Masonic Lodge. This meal gets good reviews from attendees. Take out is available. Friends, family members and the public is invited to attend. Speaking Italian is not a requirement, but “Mama Mia” is universal!
2. Thursday, JANUARY 5 – OES Stated Meeting – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Dinner food committee: Verl & Sylvia Shaffer, John & Janet Harbaugh, and Jennifer Collier. Attendees are invited to bring side dish or dessert. We have a good time at our meetings and events, come join us.
3. Saturday, JANUARY 7 – 9-9:30 a.m. (order upon arrival) – OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. We’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the month with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, too.
4. Monday, JANUARY 9 – 7 P.M. – HSC Board of Director’s Meeting at the Club. This is open to ALL Nobles. There are a lot of Club activities to discuss now that we have a new year and new Officers.
5. Friday, JANUARY 12 - 4 to 7 p.m. – Fish Fry Dinner at the Poinciana Lodge in Avon Park. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Take out is available. Many of our northern members and friends are beginning to return, please come out and support this activity. Friends, family members and the public is invited to this monthly event, too.
6. Saturday, JANUARY 14 – HSC Social and Dinner. - 5:30 p.m. Attitude Adjustment – Dinner at 6:30 p.m. - Menu: Salad, homemade lasagna, garlic bread, dessert, coffee & iced tea. (sugar-free dessert is available) – cost is $10/each. Phone the Club at 382-2208 for reservations before cut-off date of January 11.
7. Sunday, JANUARY 15 – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Sebring Mason’s BBQ lunch. The menu is: cole slaw, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. Take out orders are available. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. We are getting good turnouts for this monthly event. Please invite your family and friends.
8. Thursday, JANUARY 19 – OES Stated meeting - Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Dinner food committee: Paula & Larry Hoffman, Sissel & Allen Carr and a volunteer. Attendees are invited to bring side dish or dessert. We have a good time at our meetings and events, come join us.
9. Tuesday, JANUARY 24 at 11:30 a.m. BUNCO is alive and well – and lots of fun to play at the Highlands Shrine Club. This is a lively way to spend the afternoon; food is brought in by volunteers. The cost is $4 /each. Guys are welcome, too – and there are many of them. Friends, family members and the public is invited to attend.
10. Wednesday, January 25 - 5:30 p.m. Attitude Adjustment – Dinner at 6:30 p.m. - Dinner & Business Meeting for the Nobles and Ladies - Menu: ham and scalloped potatoes, dessert, coffee and iced tea - $10 /each. Phone the Club at 382-2208 for reservations before cut-off date of January 23.
11. Sunday, JANUARY 29 – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Poinciana Masonic Lodge - Delicious all-you-can-eat breakfast - $8 /each. Menu: Sausage patty, scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits & gravy. This yummy breakfast is a real crowd pleasure - you may need a nap afterwards (optional).
Well, here it is -- another year to learn to write again, just when we had 2016 mastered! Time is just going by too quickly, it’s down-right scary…. Anyway, we are blessed to have a new start, and an opportunity to grow with God. And an opportunity to grow our membership in our Lodges, Shrine Club and Eastern Star; and grow in friendships, too. Don’t forget to be friendly to new visitors, and make them feel welcome. We have much to be grateful for -- especially you!
Many of our northern members have returned, and we welcome you back with joy. It’s been a long, hot summer here, and kinda quiet with so many of you gone. As you can read above, there is lots to keep us all active now -- don’t forget to participate.
Highlands Shrine Club is anticipating an exciting February. Our Installation of Officers is normally held in January, but this year because of EGYPT scheduling conflicts, it is going to take place on Saturday, February 3. The schedule is listed below, but it is subject to change. You will be kept informed of the events and possible time changes:
These times and events are subject to change - TBA
Saturday, February 4 8 -10 a.m. - Breakfast
Saturday, February 4 1 p.m. - Cold Sands Ceremony
Saturday, February 4 2 p.m. - Installation of Officers
Saturday, February 4 3 p.m. - HSC picnic - hamburgers and hot dogs for a “Get to know us” event
Don’t say there’s nothing to do here in Sebring…. this is repeated from last month, but you may have missed it.
There is a lively game of darts each Friday night at 7 p.m. at the Highlands Shrine Club. You don’t need to be a member of the Club to play; friends and guests are welcome, too. The cost is only $1.00 /each. There is a “cheering” section if you just want to watch the players. After the game, we all go down to the DQ South for a delicious ice cream treat and more socializing. There is a sugar-free item on the menu for those who need to watch their sugar level. Come on out and be part of the fun – you don’t have to be an expert to play!
The Ladies are playing the card game Stix on Tuesday nights at 6 p.m. at the Shrine Club. You will be welcomed for a night of lots of fun!
Speaking of the Shrine Club, the Saturday morning breakfast is back! The cost is only $5.00 /each for a delicious menu of scrambled eggs, pancakes, orange juice and coffee -- a real bargain. This is a good opportunity to have a meal with our members and the community attendees, too.
There are 2 stores located behind the main Highlands Shrine Club loaded with lots of bargains (furniture, clothing -- from kids to adults, books, records, glassware and much more!). A produce vendor with fresh vegetables and fruit to sell is on the premises. Some of our winter vendors have returned to sell under the lovely shaded oak trees as well -- set up is only $5.00 for everyone. This is a fun way to spend your Saturday mornings -- with us. The address is: 2604 State Road 17 South, 382-2208.
HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825