HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: email@example.com
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2017
President........................... Noble Howard Craddock MM
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Dennis Koranda PP
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES :Mar 2017
UPCOMING SEBRING OES,
SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB (HSC) EVENTS FOR
MARCH 2017 – Please print, and be sure to mark the dates on your
calendars so you don’t miss out!!
1. Wednesday, MARCH 1 - 4-7 p.m. Spaghetti Dinner $8.00 /each – Poinciana Masonic Lodge. This meal gets good reviews from attendees. Friends, family members and the public are invited to attend. Take out is available.
2. Thursday, MARCH 2 – OES Stated Meeting – Obligation/Report Night - Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Dinner food committee: Hartsfield, Shaffer, and Harbaugh. Attendees are invited to bring a side dish or dessert. We have a good time at our meetings and events, come join us. Our meetings usually end around 8:30-9:00 p.m.
3. Saturday, MARCH 4 – 9-9:30 a.m. (order upon arrival) – OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. We’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the month with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, too.
4. Sunday, MARCH 5 – 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Sebring OES will host a delicious Meatloaf lunch fund raiser. Menu: homemade meatloaf, potatoes, green beans, dessert, coffee and iced tea. Cost $10 / each. Sebring Masonic Lodge is at the corner of the Sebring Parkway and Home Avenue. The public is invited; takeout is available.
5. Friday, MARCH 10 - 4 to 7 p.m. – Fish Fry Dinner at the Poinciana Lodge in Avon Park. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Friends, family members and the public is invited to this monthly event, too. Take out is available. You will see many of your Masonic friends there for dinner. Come join them!
6. Saturday, MARCH 11 - HSC St. Patty’s Dinner & Social; Attitude Adjustment 5:30 p.m. – Dinner at 6:30 p.m. Don’t forget to wear your green in honor of St. Patrick - Menu: Salad, delicious corned beef, boiled cabbage, carrots & potatoes, dessert, coffee & iced tea (sugar-free dessert is available) – cost is $10 /each. Phone the Club at 382-2208 for reservations before cut-off date of March 8.
After dinner, a fun evening is planned by our HSC Activities Director, Lady Sally Padron. We’ll be playing a fun game - “guess what’s in the bag”? Everyone is asked to bring an item in a paper bag. The audience members will be asked to squeeze the bags and guess what is inside. There will be a prize to the person who guesses the most items inside. So let’s make these bag items a challenge to guess (no sharp items or explosives, please - just joking!). This contest will be a lot of fun! Don’t forget to participate by bringing an item - I predict a lot of laughs!
7. Monday, MARCH 13 – 7 P.M. – HSC Board of Director’s Meeting at the Club. This is open to ALL Nobles. We especially want to invite our newer members to attend. Please everyone, remember that it is YOUR Club! Lots of Club activities to discuss for our upcoming year. See you there!
8. Thursday, MARCH 16 - OES Stated Meeting – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Dinner food committee: Linda & Bill Shelton, Shirley Steely, and Stan Epling. Attendees are invited to bring side dish or dessert. Many of our northern Eastern Star members are visiting with us now, too, so we have a good crowd there. Our meetings are fun - come check us out!
9. Sunday, MARCH 19 – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Sebring Mason’s BBQ lunch. The menu is: cole slaw, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. Take out orders are available. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. We are getting excellent turnouts for this monthly event. Please invite your family and friends.
10. Wednesday, MARCH 22 - HSC Dinner & Business Meeting for the Nobles and Ladies - 5:30 p.m. Attitude Adjustment – Dinner at 6:30 p.m. - Menu: meatloaf, potatoes and gravy, vegetable, dessert, coffee and iced tea - $8 /each. Chef Nancy Keaveny will make this meal a real winner (like she always does) Phone the Club at 382-2208 for reservations before cut-off date of MARCH 20.
11. SATURDAY, MARCH 25 - 4 - 7 p.m. (Note new day) Spaghetti Dinner fund raiser - Cost: $10.00 each. Friends, neighbors, family members are invited. Please phone the Club at 382-2208 if you need tickets; the tickets will be sent out shortly. Please plan to attend to make this a huge success. Ladies, please bring cakes; a sign-up sheet was circulated at the February business meeting.
12. Sunday, MARCH 26 – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Poinciana Masonic Lodge - Delicious all-you-can-eat breakfast - $8 /each. Menu: Sausage patty, scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits & gravy. This yummy breakfast is a real crowd pleasure - you may need a nap afterwards (optional).
Tuesday, MARCH 28 at 11:30 a.m. BUNCO is alive and well – and lots of fun to play at the Highlands Shrine Club. This is a lively way to spend the afternoon; food is brought in by volunteers. The cost is $4 /each. Guys are welcome, too – and there are many of them. Friends, family members and the public is invited to attend.
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
DMotor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825