HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB FLORIDA
Meetings 4th Wednesday, Dinner - 7:00 P.M. at Clubhouse
Social 2nd Saturday , Dinner - 6:00 PM at Clubhouse
2604 State Road 17 South, Avon Park Florida 33825
Address Highlands Shrine Club P.O. Box 229 Sebring Fl 33871
Telephone: (863) 382-2208
Email address: email@example.com
Organized 1954 under the jurisdiction of the Egypt Shrine
OFFICERS for 2016
President........................... Noble Don Cain MM
Vice President................... Noble Allen Carr MM
2nd Vice President............ Noble Howard Craddock MM
Secretary............................ Noble Sam Wilkin PP
Treasurer............................ Noble Jerry Higginbotham PP
Chaplain.............................. Noble Bob Love MM
Information (please click on the item below)
Webpage by Nobel Dennis
NOTES :Dec. 2016
Dear Nobles, the Christmas parade will begin tomorrow night at Avon Park
and in Frostproof in December. The schedule is as follows:
Avon Park – Monday, November 28th
Nobles living in Sebring / Lake Placid – meet at the Club at 5 p.m. SHARP
Nobles living in Avon Park – meet in the parking lot in back of City Hall at the fire station at 5:30 p.m. SHARP
Nobles – be sure to wear your fez and yellow shirts. We are hoping for a good turnout of Nobles as we are well respected in the community.
Frostproof – Saturday, December 3rd
All Nobles, please meet at the Club at 5 p.m. SHARP.
Please note that we will not be participating in the Sebring or Lake Placid parades this year.
Note: your newsletter for December will be posted on the Highlands Shrine Club's website shortly. You will be able to read all about the upcoming fun events so that you can plan to attend.
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
Highlands Shrine Club
UPCOMING SEBRING OES, SEBRING & POINCIANA MASONIC LODGES, AND HIGHLANDS SHRINE CLUB (HSC) EVENTS FOR NOVEMBER 2016 – Please print, and be sure to mark the dates on your calendars so you don’t miss out!!
1. Wednesday, NOVEMBER 2 - 4-7 p.m. Spaghetti Dinner $8.00 /each – Poinciana Masonic Lodge. This meal gets good reviews from attendees.
2. Thursday, NOVEMBER 3 – OES Stated Meeting – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. Dinner food committee: Jennifer Collier, Sissel & Allen Carr, Ron Gimse and Shirley Steely. Attendees are invited to bring side dish or dessert. SHEAF Night. We have a good time at our event, come join us.
3. Saturday, NOVEMBER 5 – 9-9:30 a.m. (order upon arrival) – OES Breakfast at the Depot Restaurant in Avon Park. Members, family and their friends are invited; we’re getting good turnouts for this event. This is a great way to start the month with friends. As we all know, the restaurant has delicious breakfast items on the menu at reasonable prices. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly gathering, too.
4. Friday, NOVEMBER 10 - 4 to 7 p.m. – Fish Fry Dinner at the Poinciana Lodge in Avon Park. The all-you-can-eat menu consists of fish, French fries, baked beans, hush puppies, dessert and beverage for a cost of $10 /each. Take out is available. Many of our northern members and friends are beginning to slowly return, so please come out and support this activity. Friends and family members are invited to this monthly event, too.
5. Saturday, NOVEMBER 12 – 5:30 p.m. Attitude Adjustment – Dinner at 6:30 p.m. - Social, and Thanksgiving Dinner. Menu: Salad, Baked ham, baked sweet potato, vegetable, dessert, coffee & iced tea. (sugar-free dessert is available) – cost is $10/each. Phone the Club at 382-2208 for reservations before cut-off date of NOVEMBER 9.
6. Monday, NOVEMBER 14 – 7 P.M. – HSC Board of Director’s Meeting at the Club. This is open to ALL Nobles. There is a lot of Club activities to discuss between now and the end of the year.
7. Wednesday, NOVEMBER 16 - 4-7 P.M. HSC Spaghetti Dinner fund raiser. Menu: salad, spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, dessert, beverage - $8.00 /each. Please phone 382-2208 for reservations. Take out is available. Please come out to support your Shrine Club… thank you!
8. Thursday, NOVEMBER 17 – Dinner 6 p.m. – Meeting 7 p.m. OES Official Visit & Memorial Meeting – All members are asked to bring food for this special event. This is a special night for our Eastern Star; your attendance is appreciated.
9. Sunday, NOVEMBER 20 – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Sebring Mason’s BBQ lunch. The menu is: chicken, cole slaw, baked beans, potato salad, dessert and beverage for $10 /each. Take out orders are available. Your support of this fund raiser is greatly appreciated. Please invite your family and friends.
10. Tuesday, NOVEMBER 22 at 11:30 a.m. BUNCO is alive and well – and lots of fun at the Shrine Club. This is a lively way to spend the afternoon; food is brought in by volunteers. The cost is $4 /each. Guys are welcome, too – and there are many of them.
11. Wednesday, NOVEMBER 23 – HSC Pot Luck Dinner / Business Meeting for our Nobles and Ladies Note: this event may be canceled as the next day is Thanksgiving; you will be notified.
12. Sunday, JANUARY 27 – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Poinciana Masonic Lodge - Delicious all-you-can-eat breakfast - $8 /each. Menu: Sausage patty, scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits & gravy. Come join your friends for a delicious meal.
As you can see if you’ve been to Walmart lately, our northern friends members and friends are beginning to return. We appreciate our winter residents and need them to be a part of our activities in order to be financially and socially successful! WE LOVE THEM! We urge our year-round members and friends to come out to SUPPORT OUR FUND RAISERS AND SOCIALS, too!! Thank you.
Just want to mention that there is a lively game of darts each Friday night at 7 p.m. at the Highlands Shrine Club. You don’t need to be a member of the Club to play; friends and guests are welcome, too. The cost is only $1.00 /each. After the game, we all go down to the DQ South for a delicious ice cream treat and more socializing. There is a sugar-free item on the menu for those who need to watch their sugar level. Come on out and be part of the fun – you don’t have to be an expert to play!
The Ladies are playing the card game Stix on Tuesday nights at 6 p.m. at the Shrine Club. You will be welcomed for a night of lots of fun!
Speaking of the Shrine Club, the Saturday morning breakfast is back! The cost is only $5.00 /each for a delicious menu of scrambled eggs, pancakes, orange juice and coffee. This is a good opportunity to have a meal with our members and the community attendees, too. There are 2 stores loaded with lots of bargains (furniture, clothing -- from kids to adults, books, records, glassware and more!), and a produce vendor with fresh vegetables and fruit to sell on the premises. Some of our vendors have returned to sell under the lovely shaded oak trees as well -- set up is only $5.00. T
his is a fun way to spend your Saturday mornings -- with us.
Best wishes, Sissel Carr
Motor Home and RV Camp Site Rentals
Highlands Shrine Club now has 4 camp sites that can be rented if you are Mason or a Shriner. The sites are 120 volt and have 50 and 30 amp service. There is no dump station.
NOTE: As of May 2012 water hook up has been added to each site.
Call the Shrine Club for more information (863) 382-2208
NOTE: Use the address below for your GPS.
Highlands Shrine Club
2604 State Road 17 South
Avon Park FL 33825